Thursday, February 19, 2009

Still a Learner....

Booking railway tickets require lot of patience - picking up the forms, filling all the relevant columns, waiting in the queue etc… But even this job is easy as when compared to canceling the tickets which were reserved already.

I had initially booked my tickets with 5 other friends. One of my friend’s friend (now my friend too) booked tickets for all of us in third ac through the online railway reservation system. Because of some personal reasons 3 out of this 5, decided to go by air craft. So we had to cancel those 3 tickets. As a consequence of this the other two friends (Divi,Sangee) and I went to Tambaram railway station to cancel the tickets. We had been there already to reserve tickets some time back, but were totally new to the crowd and also all sorts of commotion that was happening there.

We correctly picked up the cancellation form and Alas! We forgot to carry a pen with us. Divi managed to get a pen from a passer by and thank God we knew all the information that need to be filled in the form. There were few seats in front of the reservation counter(s) occupied by a mob of passengers. Being naïve, we thought that they were waiting for their relatives who had gone for reserving the tickets. So Sangee and I ran through the chairs and on the way there was an empty chair- I told Sangee to occupy that chair and I continued my run piercing the crowd. Suddenly I heard a voice, it was Divi screaming “Hey Neer come back. These are the people waiting in the queue and all of them are shouting at you! Come Back! Come Back!” .

We never thought that they were also waiting to reserve tickets. Huh! We then came all the way back and the most funniest thing is that no one noticed Sangee who made her seat firm in the chair even after all these hubub. We however managed to wait in the queue and finally cancelled the tickets. It took nearly 75 minutes in the queue. Why should we asked to wait for such a simple cancellation? That too with reservation and cancellation done in the same counter? I realised "You cannot open a book without learning something."

No comments:

Post a Comment