Saturday, December 27, 2008

The Colorful Month

Every month will have its own traditional importance. This month (December 15 to January 14) is Marghazhi(in Tamil) ,the most colorful month of the year. This is very famous for the rangoli and also the mouth alluring pongal which we get in temples. I consider myself really lucky as I enjoy these almost everyday. We have as a habit to paint the floor with rangoli every night before going to bed. Along with the company of my downstairs friend Vidya, I deem it a great excitement to invent a new rangoli every night.

The most awaited part is the coloring phase, where there would be utmost confusion to choose the correct color that fit in the correct place. This is really interesting and even more exciting than a roller coaster ride.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice Kolam! and a nice narration to go along with... nice.

    ReplyDelete